ADMISSION POLICY MBBS / BDS Session 2023-24
1. Admissions in MBBS and BDS at WATIM Medical & Dental College are governed by PMDC Medical and Dental Undergraduate Education (Admission, Curriculum and Conduct) Policy and Regulations 2023 notified 13th July, 2023.
5 - (14) A student when accepting admission to a college shall be under an obligation to disclose to the college if a prior admission has been accepted by them to any other college, and such student shall prior to accepting such latter admission must in writing inform the prior college of cancellation of their acceptance with a copy to the designated email of the Authority. Failure by a student to cancel the prior acceptance of admission shall render all admission offers of the student as void and the student shall be ineligible for admission. All colleges shall ensure that they properly apprise and educate the applicant students of this provision as part of their admissions policy, prospectus and at the time of making an offer of admission.
PMDC Medical & Dental Undergraduate Education (Admission, Curriculum & Conduct) Policy & Regulation 2023 page 7
Eligibility Criteria OPEN MERIT
2. (i) Applicants should have at least 60% marks in FSc / A-Levels or equivalent qualification and at least 55% (110) marks in MDCAT 2023 for MBBS and at least 50% (100) marks in MDCAT 2023 for BDS. MDCAT 2022 is not aplicable in Session 2023
Eligibility Criteria OVERSES / FORIGN STUDENTS
2. (ii) Applicants should have at least 60% marks in FSc / A-Levels or equivalent qualification and at least 55% (110) marks in MDCAT 2023 for MBBS and at least 50% (100) marks in MDCAT 2023 for BDS. MDCAT 2022 is not aplicable in Session 2023
" No candidate shall be eligible for foreign quota seats in the public and private medical and dental institutions under sub regulations (a) unless, he holds a permanent foreign nationality or is an overseas (being a Pakistani citizen permanently resident in a foreign country) Pakistani , and who has studied and passed HSSC 12" grade examination or equivalent from outside Pakistan and is a resident of a foreign country at the time of applying for admission and possess a certificate from the institution last attended to this effect."
"Provided that the mandatory requirement of MDCAT shall not apply to students seeking admission on a special program seat predefined exclusively for foreign students and on the seats reserved for overscas Pakistanis. Such students shall qualify SAT-ll with minimum score of 550 in each subject or a foreign MCAT examination or UCAT examination with 50% marks in the subjects as prescribed in Regulation 3 (c)."
3. The calculation of merit for MBBS and BDS candidates shall be formulated with following components each carrying separate weightages as follows:
a. Matric / O-Levels 10%
b. FSc / A-Levels (Electives) 40%
c. MDCAT 50%
When to Apply
4. Admissions are open from --------, 2023 for MBBS and BDS. The candidates can apply online on our website www.watim.com.pk.com.
Offer and Submission of Fees
5. The candidates in the merit lists shall be offered admissions in the order of merit. The candidates shall be informed for offer of admissions through SMS and Emails. The candidates shall have 03 days for deposit of fees. If the candidate has not deposited fees within the due date, the offer shall not stand valid and next candidate shall be offered admission in the order of merit. All candidates are required to submit their fees in full on admission. These fees are for the period of January to December (Session) and the candidates shall receive the challan for the next years fee as per college rules and all fees will have to be paid before the beginning of the next session.
6. Only those students will get the admission who have not taken admission in any other college or who have withdrawn their admission from the previous college. The onus to prove that the student has not taken admission elsewhere lies on the student as “Failure by a student to cancel the prior acceptance of admission shall render all admission offers of the student as void and the student shall be ineligible for admission”.
7. A student when accepting admission is required to mandatorily disclose to the college (if a prior admission has been accepted by them to any other college, and such student shall prior to accepting latter admission must in writing inform the prior college of cancellation of their acceptance with a copy to the designated email to the Authority.
Submission of Documents
8. At the time of admission. The candidate shall be asked to submit the original results / certificates of Matric/O-Levels, FSc/A-Levels and Domicile. 03 sets of copies of following documents shall be required:
a.  08 Photographs
b.  CNIC (student and parent/guardian)
c.  Passport / Visa (Foreign Students Only)
e.  MDCAT Result
f.  Matric / O-Level Result / Certificate
g.  FSc / A-Levels Result / Certificate
9. The original documents shall be returned after the registration by PMDC / UHS after admission or on refund / cancellation of admission. Candidates with FSc from outside Punjab shall provide their original migration certificate from their Intermediate Board for onward submission to the University of Health Sciences.
10. The fee structure shall be fixed for the whole 4 year BDS and 5 year MBBS program.