Department of Medical Education is working on lot of frontiers like mentoring system, students counseling services, teaching portfolio developments and training skills enhancement programs for the faculty. Workshops on different topics of medical education are held to keep the faculty abreast with the latest developments in medical education and to improve their skills in teaching methodology. The combined meetings of mentors and mentees are also being conducted to improve the teaching and communication skills. A good number of books on medical education are available in the exclusive departmental library.
The scope of the Medical & Dental Education Department at Watim Medical & Dental College, Rawalpindi, is as follows;
• Train and guide the faculty in planning, developing, implementing, evaluating & monitoring the curriculum document and educational program.
• To create a hub nurturing excellence in teaching, learning, and evaluation for both faculty & students in the institution to train competent doctors & dentists to fulfill the health need of society.
• To create a dynamic, encouraging & quality education environment, progressing with value-added technology and up-to-date educational practices.
Medical & Dental Education Department at Watim Medical & Dental College Rawalpindi aims to function through the Curriculum Development Committee, Assessment Committee, Program Evaluation Committee, and Faculty Development & Mentoring of students by contributing to:
• Curricular document development, revision and implementation with the involvement of subject specialists
• Assessment process improvement
• Faculty development with planned workshops and trainings
• Accreditation and quality assurance in liaison with Quality Enhancement Cell
• Educational Research & Innovation in liaison with Research Cell
Exit learning outcomes describe what students are expected to know and be able to do by the time of graduation. These relate to the skills, knowledge, attitudes, and behaviors that students acquire as they progress through the program. In Watim Medical & Dental College, our goal is to train every graduating student in demonstrating requisite characteristics and skills that are needed for the 21st-century medical graduate. Exit outcomes are directly linked to the list of competencies and enabling outcomes of each subject being taught over a span of 5 years in the MBBS program. Following is the list of exit outcomes to be achieved by our graduating students:
On completion of MBBS program, graduates will be able to:
1. Apply scientific principles, knowledge and skills to interpret history, examination and investigations to develop a differential diagnosis of medical conditions in a variety of situations such as indoor, outdoor, and emergency
2. Carry out consultations with patients using appropriate communication and clinical skills to diagnose health problems and refer if required
3. Demonstrate leadership, management skills, and professionalism while collaborating, ethically, with others in a health care delivery team, giving top priority to patients’ safety and health
4. Reflect and continue improving professional skills by engaging in self-directed learning
5. Participate, initiate research and use published evidence to inform and improve clinical practice
6. Apply principles of public health to advocate health promotion and disease prevention to reduce burden of disease in the community
7. Perform basic life support methods to save life
MBBS, M.Phil, MCPS-HPE